How long will it take to process my order?
All in-stock items will be shipped within 3 business days of reciept of your order.
What happens if an item I ordered is out of stock?
All items that appear online should be in stock, however, there are instances when an online product is sold out, either temporarily or permanently. Should this happen to an item you have ordered, we will promptly contact you by the e-mail or phone number provided on your order. To check availability of an item, call (212) 423-3333.
Which shipping carrier does The Jewish Museum Use?
We ship via UPS and cannot ship to a PO box, APO or FPO box. To avoid any delay in delivery of your package, please use a correct street address and apartment number when applicable.
Shipping Rates for deliveries in the United States
Standard shipping rates are listed below. Please allow 5-10 business days for your package to arrive.
|$0 - $15.00||$6.00|
|$15.01 - $30.00||$8.00|
|$30.01 - $50.00||$9.00|
|$50.01 - $75.00||$12.00|
|$75.01 - $100.00||$15.00|
|$100.01 - $150.00||$18.00|
|$150.01 - $200.00||$21.00|
|$200.01 - $300.00||$25.00|
|$300.01 - $500.00||$28.00|
Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico
Add $15 to the standard rates.
This amount will be added to your order after processing and will not appear in your cart at checkout.
Expedited Service* (2-3 Business Days):
Add $20.00 to the standard rates.
Overnight Service* (1 Business Day):
Add $30.00 to the standard rates.
Expedited and Overnight orders must be received by 11 am EST.
Add 1 additional business day to orders received following 11am EST.
*Please note: Express delivery is only available to orders shiped within the contiguous United States.
Shipments to Canada
Add $30 to the standard rates. This fee covers international brokerage charges. Canadian recipients will need to pay all customs, duty and taxes directly to UPS upon delivery. These fees are determined by the Canadian government and collected by UPS. Please allow 5 - 10 business days for your order to arrive.
- - When you place an online order using an international shipping address, shipping costs will be displayed as $0.00.
- - Since shipping rates vary based on country and weight of package, we will e-mail your specific shipping costs within 2 business days of receiving your order.
- - Please reply to the e-mail that you accept these fees. We will not ship your order until you accept the fees. If we do not hear from you after 3 e-mail attempts, your order will be canceled.
- - When we receive your acceptance e-mail, we will ship your package the following business day and update your order total for billing.
- - International orders are shipped via UPS International, which allows us to track the shipment. Once it is shipped, it takes approximately 5-10 business days for the package to arrive at your door.
- - International and Canadian order recipients are responsible for any customs, duties, taxes or special fees applied upon delivery by the destination country’s local government. The museum is not responsible for these fees and does not include them in the original shipping quote, nor does the museum pay them once they are incurred. Please note, if the order recipient refuses to pay these fees upon the package’s arrival to their country and the package is returned to the museum, the original shipping charges will not be refunded and return shipping costs will be charged back to the purchaser’s original method of payment.
- - If you are purchasing a gift shipping to an international or Canadian address, you can pay customs and duty fees in advance, so your gift recipient is not responsible for these fees when their gift arrives. Please let us know and we can add this fee to your order total.
Orders may be placed online to be picked up in our shop at the Jewish Museum during store hours. Orders placed from out-of-state will be adjusted for New York sales tax.
- - Select "In-Store Pick-up" from the shipping method drop-down menu when placing your order.
- - If you are prompted for a shipping address, check the box next to "Ship To My Billing Address".
- - Due to COVID guidelines, please contact us in advance regarding the day and time window you plan to pick up your order. We will have your package ready for your arrival.
To check on the status of your in-store pick-up, call us at
How will I know my order has shipped?
You will receive a confirmation e-mail immediately following the receipt of your order. You will receive a 2nd e-mail notifying you that your order has been processed and shipped.
Other Shipping Information:
Packing materials: Orders are packaged with earth-friendly, biodegradable loose-fill. This material is starch based, non- toxic, static free, reusable, and compostable.
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. If you aren’t, we’re here to help.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of purchase for an exchange, refund or store credit. Original shipping charges are non-refundable, unless there was a problem with your shipment. Returns can be made by mail or by visiting our Museum Shop in New York City.
To Return by Mail:
1. Circle the item(s) you are returning on the packing slip that arrived with your order.
2. Include a copy of the packing slip with your return.
3. Choose a return option:
Exchange: Call us at 212.423.3333 to order a replacement item. This ensures the item you want is available. We will charge your order to be shipped immediately and issue a credit your account when we receive your return.
Standard Return: If you paid by credit card, we will issue a credit to your account as soon as we receive your return.
Gift Return: We will issue a gift card in the amount of the return which can be redeemed through a phone order, online, or by visiting the Jewish Museum Shop in New York City.
To Return by Mail (cont.):
4. Insure your shipment and obtain a tracking number from your shipper. Unfortunately, lost return shipments are the responsibility of the sender.
5. Mail to:
The Jewish Museum Shop, 1109 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10128, Attention: Returns
Merchandise must be received in its original condition. We regret that we are unable to accept for return personalized items, opened CD's or DVD's, or pierced earrings unless defective or damaged in shipping.
If your package was damaged in transit, please contact us as soon as possible to receive a replacement or refund.
Store credits will be added to a Jewish Museum Gift Card and can be redeemed by phone, online, or at the Jewish Museum Shop in New York City.