Contact us about an order already placed:
[email protected] or call us at (212) 423-3333
What happens if an item I ordered is out of stock?
All items that appear online should be in stock, however, there are instances when an online product is sold out, either temporarily or permanently. Should this happen to an item you have ordered, we will promptly contact you by the e-mail or phone number provided on your order. To check availability of an item, call (212) 423-3333.
Which shipping carrier does The Jewish Museum Use?
Orders are primarily shipped via UPS but some may be shipped via USPS. We cannot ship to a PO box, APO or FPO box. To avoid any delay in delivery of your package, please use a correct street address and apartment number when applicable.
Shipping Rates for deliveries in the United States
Standard shipping rates are listed below. Please allow 2-4 business days for your package to ship and 5-12 business days for your package to arrive.
|$0 - $50.00
|$50.01 - $100
|$100.01 - $200
|$200.01 - $300
|$300.01 - $500
Express delivery is only available on orders shipped within the contiguous United States.
Expedited Service* (2-3 Business Days):
Add $25.00 to the standard rates.
Overnight Service* (1 Business Day):
Add $35.00 to the standard rates.
Expedited and Overnight orders must be received by 11 am EST.
Add 1 additional business day to orders received following 11am EST.
*Please note: Due to COVID, UPS will not guarantee their express and overnight delivery times. Fees paid for these services ensure your order is prioritized both with us and UPS, however, we have experienced some delays with UPS, typically an additional day when this occurs. If your package is delayed due to UPS, unfortunately, we cannot refund the additional fees paid for express services as we are not able to receive a refund with UPS. Thank you for your understanding.
Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico
Add $25 to the standard rates.
Express shipping options are not available to these locations.
Shipments to Canada
Add $38 to the standard rates.
Choose the pre-calculated UPS Ground option at check out. Do not choose International shipping.
This fee covers international brokerage charges. Canadian recipients will need to pay all customs, duties, and taxes directly to UPS upon delivery. These fees are determined by the Canadian government and collected by UPS. Please allow 5 - 10 business days for your order to arrive. If you are purchasing a gift shipping to Canada, you can pay customs and duty fees in advance., so your gift recipient is not responsible for these fees when their gift arrives. Please email or call to arrange for this service.
Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot offer expedited or overnight delivery options to Canada. Please do not select these options at checkout.
- When you place an online order using an international shipping address, shipping costs will be displayed as $0.00.
- Since shipping rates vary based on country and weight of package, we will e-mail your specific shipping costs within 2 business days of receiving your order. International shipping fees generally start between $60 to $80 and increase based on the weight of the order. This amount does not include customs and duties fees; please see below for more details.
- Please reply to the e-mail that you accept these fees. We will not ship your order until you accept the fees. If we do not hear from you after 3 e-mail attempts, your order will be canceled.
- Once we receive your acceptance e-mail, we will contact you for credit card details to process the shipping fee. Unfortunately, we are unable to retrieve this information from your original order due to our secure processing system. Please note in your acceptance email the best method and time to reach you.
- International orders are shipped via UPS International, which allows us to track the shipment. Once it is shipped, it takes approximately 5-10 business days for the package to arrive at your door.
- International order recipients are responsible for any customs, duties, taxes or special fees applied upon delivery by the destination country’s local government. The museum is not responsible for these fees and does not include them in the original shipping quote, nor does the museum pay them once they are incurred. Please note, if the order recipient refuses to pay these fees upon the package’s arrival to their country and the package is returned to the museum, the original shipping charges will not be refunded and return shipping costs will be charged back to the purchaser’s original method of payment.
- If you are purchasing a gift shipping to an international or Canadian address, you can pay customs and duty fees in advance, so your gift recipient is not responsible for these fees when their gift arrives. Please let us know and we can add this fee to your order total.
Orders may be placed online to be picked up in our shop at the Jewish Museum during store hours. Orders placed from out-of-state will be adjusted for New York sales tax.
- Select "In-Store Pickup" from the shipping method drop-down menu when placing your order.
- If you are prompted for a shipping address, check the box next to "Ship To My Billing Address".
- You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready for pick up at the museum. Pickup is available during store hours.
- In-store Pickups will be held for 1 month from the date of order. After 1 month, we will issue a refund and put your order back to stock. Please call us if you need additional time to retreive your order.
To check on the status of your in-store pick-up, call us at 212.423.3333 or email [email protected]
How will I know my order has shipped?
You will receive a confirmation e-mail immediately following the receipt of your order. You will receive a 2nd e-mail notifying you that your order has been processed and shipped.
Other Shipping Information:
Packing materials: Orders are packaged with earth-friendly, biodegradable loose-fill. This material is starch based, non- toxic, static free, reusable, and compostable.
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. If you aren’t, we’re here to help.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of purchase for an exchange, refund or store credit. Original shipping charges are non-refundable, unless there was a problem with your shipment. Returns can be made by mail or by visiting our Museum Shop in New York City. For mailed returns, please allow 2-4 days for us to process your return onces it arrives at the museum and 5-10 days for a refund to appear on your credit card statement or a store credit to be issued.
To Return by Mail:
1. Circle the item(s) you are returning on the packing slip that arrived with your order.
2. Include a copy of the packing slip with your return.
3. Choose a return option:
Exchange: Call us at 212.423.3333 to order a replacement item. This ensures the item you want is available. We will charge your order to be shipped immediately and issue a credit your account when we receive your return.
Standard Return: If you paid by credit card, we will issue a credit to your account as soon as we receive your return.
Gift Return: We will issue a gift card in the amount of the return which can be redeemed through a phone order, online, or by visiting the Jewish Museum Shop in New York City.
To Return by Mail (cont.):
4. Insure your shipment and obtain a tracking number from your shipper. Unfortunately, lost return shipments are the responsibility of the sender.
5. Mail to:
The Jewish Museum Shop, 1109 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10128, Attention: Returns
Merchandise must be received in its original condition. We regret that we are unable to accept for return personalized items, special order or made-to-order items, opened CD's or DVD's, or pierced earrings unless defective or damaged in shipping.
If your package was damaged in transit, please contact us as soon as possible to receive a replacement or refund.
Store credits will be added to a Jewish Museum Gift Card and can be redeemed by phone, online, or at the Jewish Museum Shop in New York City.