Winged Camel's Uncommon Seder Plate tells the story of Passover through its unique use of 32 handmade sterling silver figurines set within the plate's design. Diaramas of the Passover story are revealed around the plate:
1. We are celebrating an amazing event!
2. Let me tell you the story of our people.
3. For years we were forced to work for the Egyptians.
4. There seemed to be no end to our labor.
5. Our journey out of Egypt is an exciting tale.
6. We struggled in the desert for 40 years.
7. Finally we have reached Israel!
As the seder plate is round, the last scene runs into the first, which is a celebration of Passover.
Winged Camel is a metalworking studio in the foothills of the Adirondack mountains in New York State operated by husband and wife team Malcom and Mary Ann Owen. Each piece they create is entirely handmade from start to finish.
Limited edition of 14
Copper, brass and sterling silver
Plate: 10" x 10" x 5"
Figurines: 3/4" tall