Every purchase supports The Jewish Museum!


Share this product with a friend


A gold Sabbath ring, made during 1806-07 in Cracow, Poland, inspired this pendant. The Sabbath ring features a carnelian incised with a candelabrum and a portion of the blessing over the Sabbath lights in Hebrew, which reads "....to light the candles of the Sabbath." In some communities, it was traditional for the bridegroom to give his bride such an inscribed ring on the first Sabbath after their wedding. Made in the USA.

Sterling silver
Pendant: 1/2"t x 3/8"w; Chain: 16".



Art Culture and Shop
Proceeds from the sale of merchandise on our website or in our stores support the mission of The Jewish Museum.
Order by Phone: 212.423.3333
The Jewish Museum, 1109 Fifth Avenue at 92nd Street, New York, New York 10128
©2013 The Jewish Museum

Site Powered By UniteU E-commerce