This menorah is a reproduction of a minimalist branch menorah with a Bauhaus styling designed by Ludwig Yehuda Wolpert.
Wolpert studied sculpture and metalwork at the School of Arts and Crafts in Frankfurt-am-Main. He emigrated to Palestine in 1933, where he became Professor of Metalwork at the New Bezalel School of Arts and Crafts in Jerusalem. In 1938, he earned international attention when his Bauhaus designs were exhibited at the World’s Fair in the U.S. In 1956, Wolpert established the Tobe Pascher Workshop at The Jewish Museum, where he remained for 25 years, teaching and designing splendid ceremonial objects.
This menorah is included in Design Edition JM, a curated selection of modern and contemporary Jewish ritual objects by extraordinary designers commissioned and collected by The Jewish Museum.
Brass10"h x 10-3/4"w x 4-1/2"d