Every purchase supports The Jewish Museum!


Share this product with a friend


This menorah is a reproduction of a minimalist branch menorah with a Bauhaus styling designed by Ludwig Yehuda Wolpert.
 
Wolpert studied sculpture and metalwork at the School of Arts and Crafts in Frankfurt-am-Main. He emigrated to Palestine in 1933, where he became Professor of Metalwork at the New Bezalel School of Arts and Crafts in Jerusalem. In 1938, he earned international attention when his Bauhaus designs were exhibited at the World’s Fair in the U.S. In 1956, Wolpert established the Tobe Pascher Workshop at The Jewish Museum, where he remained for 25 years, teaching and designing splendid ceremonial objects.
 
Brass
10"h x 10-3/4"w x 4-1/2"d


Art Culture and Shop
Proceeds from the sale of merchandise on our website or in our stores support the mission of The Jewish Museum.
Order by Phone: 212.423.3333
The Jewish Museum, 1109 Fifth Avenue at 92nd Street, New York, New York 10128
©2013 The Jewish Museum

Site Powered By UniteU E-commerce