A gold Sabbath ring, made during 1806-07 in Cracow, Poland, inspired this pendant. The Sabbath ring features a carnelian incised with a candelabrum and a portion of the blessing over the Sabbath lights in Hebrew, which reads "....to light the candles of the Sabbath." In some communities, it was traditional for the bridegroom to give his bride such an inscribed ring on the first Sabbath after their wedding. Made in the USA.
Pendant: 1/2"t x 3/8"w, chain: 16"