Designed by renowned silversmith Ludwig Yehuda Wolpert, this pair of candlesticks features the inscription 'Light and Happiness' in Hebrew.
Wolpert studied sculpture and metalwork at the School of Arts And Crafts in Frankfurt-am-Main. He emigrated to Palestine in 1933, where he became Professor of Metalwork at the New Bezalel School of Arts And Crafts in Jerusalem. In 1938 he earned international attention when his Bauhaus designs were exhibited at the World’s Fair in the U.S. In 1956 Wolpert established the Toby Pascher Workshop at the Jewish Museum where he remained for 25 years, teaching and designing splendid ceremonial objects.