This kiddush cup, designed by Ludwig Yehuda Wolpert, has the blessing over the wine inscribed around the base.
Wolpert studied sculpture and metalwork at the School of Arts And Crafts in Frankfurt-am-Main. He emigrated to Palestine in 1933, where he became Professor of Metalwork at the New Bezalel School of Arts And Crafts in Jerusalem. In 1938, he earned international attention when his Bauhaus designs were exhibited at the World’s Fair in the U.S. In 1956, Wolpert established the Toby Pascher Workshop at the Jewish Museum, where he remained for 25 years, teaching and designing splendid ceremonial objects.
3 3/4"h x 2 1/2"w