This elegant challah knife was designed by Ludwig Yehuda Wolpert. The Hebrew benediction is inscribed on the handle of the knife.
Wolpert studied sculpture and metalwork at the School of Arts And Crafts in Frankfurt-am-Main. He emigrated to Palestine in 1933, where he became Professor of Metalwork at the New Bezalel School of Arts And Crafts in Jerusalem. In 1938 he earned international attention when his Bauhaus designs were exhibited at the World’s Fair in the U.S. In 1956 Wolpert established the Toby Pascher Workshop at The Jewish Museum, where he remained for 25 years, teaching and designing splendid ceremonial objects. Over 100 of his works and models are in the permanent collection of The Jewish Museum.
Sterling silver handle with Sheffield steel blade